EXCELLENT TIPS FOR A KITCHEN REDESIGN WITH KIDS IN MIND
Tweens and Teens in The Kitchen
1) Tweens and teens are independent, busy, and bringing their friends home. We’ve put together some tips for a kitchen redesign with kids in mind.
2) To make life easier in the main kitchen, locate your pantry out of the flow of traffic, and store quick-fix meals towards the front to avoid congestion.
3) A side-by-side refrigerator with ice and water in the door is convenient. Be sure to keep drinking cups next to the fridge.
4) Install a warming drawer in your base cabinets to keep meals ready for kids eating in shifts.
5) Consider installing a second, smaller kitchen in a family or recreation room. (You can use it as a wet bar later or as a prep kitchen for those big holiday dinners with the grandkids much later.) This kitchen cabinet design could have
• a microwave
• a pizza oven
• a small dishwasher
• an ice maker
• pantry space for quick-fix meals and snacks.
Distinctive Cabinetry has been helping San Francisco East Bay clients with kitchen remodeling for 30+ years. Our kitchen designers have the knowledge and experience to work within your budget and space, giving you exactly what you want.
Click the button below if you need help with a kitchen remodel.Yes, I need Kitchen Remodel Help.